For those who live in Pune and choose to lose weight, bariatric surgery in Pune may be life-changing. But, aside from losing weight, did you know that it has many other health benefits?
Obese patients who have tried and failed to lose weight will benefit from bariatric surgery to gain long-term weight loss. The most popular procedures are gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy.
Bariatric surgery restricts your stomach's capacity, limiting food consumption and allowing you to feel complete even earlier than usual. Few bariatric operations often restrict calorie absorption. If you do not have any idea about the best suitable procedure, the laparoscopic surgeon in Pune will help you figure out which choice is better for you.
A higher body mass index can increase health risks. If your BMI is 35 or higher, you will need to lose weight immediately to improve your health. If you do not fix it, you might experience severe health problems due to your extra weight. Almost anyone with a BMI of 40 or higher is a candidate for the procedure.
Let us see the advantages of bariatric surgery:
People who have bariatric surgery will lose a lot of weight and keep that off long. Losing weight and then regaining it alleviates the health risks associated with obesity. You should maintain your weight to stay healthy and happy at least for five years.
The advantages of gastric surgery go beyond weight loss
- According to one study, bariatric surgery results in the long-term recovery of type 2 diabetes. The findings of this study indicate that the treatment is particularly successful for obese people with type 2 diabetes. Almost all patients were remaining insulin-free for at least three years after surgery.
- Cardiovascular wellbeing improves. A person's risk of acute heart attack, stroke, and chronic heart disease gets reduced after weight loss surgery. Furthermore, one study found that the weight loss gained by surgery would reduce the risk of mortality from stroke, hypertension, and myocardial infarction. Following surgery, blood pressure and cholesterol levels will return to normal or near-normal, lower these risks, and improve optimal health.
- Because of their low self-confidence and social isolation, many obese people stay depressed. And younger people who are overweight find it impossible to engage in sports that they would otherwise love, leading to social alienation and depression. These patients' mental health will improve if they can lose weight. People who had bariatric surgery had a 32.7 percent reduction in depression due to surgery.
- People with sleep apnea will also avoid using a CPAP machine at night if they achieve and maintain a healthy weight level. One year after treatment, between 80 to 85 percent of patients undergo sleep apnea remission.
- Excess weight places a lot of strain on the weight-bearing joints, leading to persistent pain and joint injury. Bariatric surgery results in dramatic and long-term weight loss, which relieves common stress and helps them avoid taking pain killers and gaining even more independence.
- Weight reduction surgery will also help women become more fertile during their reproductive years. According to one study, bariatric surgery can reduce the chance of miscarriage and increase menstruation in women who do not ovulate.
Along with these, you can get rid of many other medical complications after a weight loss surgery.
With obesity and other health problems on the rise, bariatric surgery is unquestionably a valuable method for delivering long-term relief to overweight people. It is crucial to select the best laparoscopic surgeon in Pune who has significant experience conducting these procedures. Bariatric surgery is very secure and poses no greater risk than knee or gall bladder surgery when done by a skilled and trained surgeon.